Figuring Out Buyer behavior #1
The segment I choose was college students who have never travelled alone and have a lot of discretionary income.
The three people I interviewed all said that they loved the idea, and that they would be very interested in the service I am offering. The first said he would want a fun trip, where he could experience university life in England. Thus I would pair him up with one of my friends in either University of Central London or London School of Economics. He would be able to live with them and experience the city from a college life perspective. The second person I talked to said they have actually looked for a service like this before. But it always seemed unreliable, and never offered the cultural experience my service offered. The third person I interviewed wanted a more educated trip, where he could visit a place of high community values and cultured people. For this individual, I would see if some of my friends going to Oxford or Cambridge would have him/her stay with them. These universities are the most prestigious in the world and the people that go there are the most intellectual, well rounded individuals in Europe. This would provide him/her with an invaluable learning experience, and if they made the right connections, it should be considered an investment, not consumer spending, as the people attending these universities change the world.
To conclude, all three individuals in my segment were interested in the service I am providing. They were able to get a travel experience that they wouldn't be able to get alone. I learned that all customers that would want this service would want different experiences and that I would have to work hard to make there requests translate into reality and ensure that each service I provide is unique to the customer.
The three people I interviewed all said that they loved the idea, and that they would be very interested in the service I am offering. The first said he would want a fun trip, where he could experience university life in England. Thus I would pair him up with one of my friends in either University of Central London or London School of Economics. He would be able to live with them and experience the city from a college life perspective. The second person I talked to said they have actually looked for a service like this before. But it always seemed unreliable, and never offered the cultural experience my service offered. The third person I interviewed wanted a more educated trip, where he could visit a place of high community values and cultured people. For this individual, I would see if some of my friends going to Oxford or Cambridge would have him/her stay with them. These universities are the most prestigious in the world and the people that go there are the most intellectual, well rounded individuals in Europe. This would provide him/her with an invaluable learning experience, and if they made the right connections, it should be considered an investment, not consumer spending, as the people attending these universities change the world.
To conclude, all three individuals in my segment were interested in the service I am providing. They were able to get a travel experience that they wouldn't be able to get alone. I learned that all customers that would want this service would want different experiences and that I would have to work hard to make there requests translate into reality and ensure that each service I provide is unique to the customer.
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteI think that your interviews demonstrated the potentially high demand you have in your service idea. It seems as though young individuals traveling alone would be a great target for you as they most likely have not gotten to travel too extensively throughout their lives thus far, and therefore most likely do not have the knowledge, experience, and connections that you can offer. Finding and targeting the segment of young individuals who have never travelled alone should not be difficult at all as many young individuals simply have not gotten the opportunity to travel alone yet. Good job!
Hi Justin!
ReplyDeleteYour interview summaries were very interesting. I think that any college student who has the financial needs would love to travel and experience the world before really starting the "real world". It would be so beneficial for all of us to experience something other than our norm. Your segment was defined perfectly. Great job!
Hey Justin!
ReplyDeleteGood job in your post! I think you did a great job and I really liked your idea it definitively grabbed my attention. I feel like this is a very important concept especially for college students and it will definitively grab attention to many other people and it will definitely help them. This has very much potential, once again very good job!
Costanza Tremante