Halfway Reflection
1.) Tenaciousness is a competency - Staying ahead of the game in this class is pivotal to success. Often the assignments are all due on one day (at the end on the week) and if you haven't even opened canvas to check out the assignments till 10pm on Friday then you might not even have time to complete them. Thus I always look over the assignments at the beginning of the week to assess exactly how much time needs to go into each assignment. And in college, we all have a lot going on, so being able to plan when your going to complete the assignments gives you a bit of stress relief.
2.) Tenaciousness is also about attitude - One moment when I felt like giving up was when I checked canvas to see that I had 4 long assignments due that day, it was 9pm and I was extremely tired and just wanted to sleep. This is an example of what happens if you don't stay ahead of the game and plan out when your going to complete the assignments. But I had to persevere and put all my effort into the assignments. It took me about 3 hours to complete them, but I had to be tenacious and grind it out. Otherwise, I would've lost a lot of points and my hopes of getting an A in the course would be gone.
3.) Tips:
1. Plan when your going to complete the assignments - If you leave all of the assignments till last minute you may not get them done in time or to the best of your ability. This may result in your idea that your going to work on for the rest of the semester not being a good one, because you had to rush to complete it.
2. Think long and hard about your idea - At some point in the semester you are going to have to pick an idea to work on for the rest of the time in the course. It's vital that you assess a lot of different ideas before picking one. This is because it makes the assignments so much easier if you are passionate about the product/service you are offering. It will facilitate your enjoyment of the class a lot more, so don't rush into picking a product or service.
3. Keep up with the lectures - I recommend going to the live lectures if you can, but exams and other classes can often get in the way. It can be easy to let these lectures build up and then you'll have hours of class to catch up on. If you can't attend the live lectures, make sure to watch them one or two days after to ensure you don't fall behind.
2.) Tenaciousness is also about attitude - One moment when I felt like giving up was when I checked canvas to see that I had 4 long assignments due that day, it was 9pm and I was extremely tired and just wanted to sleep. This is an example of what happens if you don't stay ahead of the game and plan out when your going to complete the assignments. But I had to persevere and put all my effort into the assignments. It took me about 3 hours to complete them, but I had to be tenacious and grind it out. Otherwise, I would've lost a lot of points and my hopes of getting an A in the course would be gone.
3.) Tips:
1. Plan when your going to complete the assignments - If you leave all of the assignments till last minute you may not get them done in time or to the best of your ability. This may result in your idea that your going to work on for the rest of the semester not being a good one, because you had to rush to complete it.
2. Think long and hard about your idea - At some point in the semester you are going to have to pick an idea to work on for the rest of the time in the course. It's vital that you assess a lot of different ideas before picking one. This is because it makes the assignments so much easier if you are passionate about the product/service you are offering. It will facilitate your enjoyment of the class a lot more, so don't rush into picking a product or service.
3. Keep up with the lectures - I recommend going to the live lectures if you can, but exams and other classes can often get in the way. It can be easy to let these lectures build up and then you'll have hours of class to catch up on. If you can't attend the live lectures, make sure to watch them one or two days after to ensure you don't fall behind.

Hey Justin,
ReplyDeleteNice job on your halfway reflection! I can tell that you took your time and really thought about how this class has affected you so far and what you’ve gotten out of it. Your tip of really giving your idea a lot of thought is a good one; I kind of came up with mine last minute and it’s made some of the assignments more difficult because it was such a rushed decision.