Know Thyself
Describe five ways in which your human capital is truly unique
1.) Outsiders perspective - I grew up in London and didn't move to Florida till I was 16, which means I am able to compare different cultures and make an analysis.
2.) Travel Orientated - Having traveled to almost every continent, I've met some many people from so many different cultures, meaning I find it easy to connect with different people.
3.) Competitive Edge - Ever since I was young I've been very competitive. I attended a private school in England on a sport scholarship, meaning I played 8 different sports at varsity level. Even in my career, I will push myself to achieve the maximum.
4.) Adaptable - I feel this is partly because of my cultural experiences. But I can adapt to different people and situations easily.
5.) Social - I love meeting different people and I think this will help me a lot in any business environment.
What other people think of me
After interviewing friends and family that know me best, I found they shared my opinion of how I view myself but also added a lot of traits I hadn't thought of. Some of the adjectives they used to describe my personality included strong, independent, opinionated, smart, self-aware and a leader. I was always conscious that I had these traits. Other's included kindness, personable, enthusiastic and emphatic.
Reflection on differences
After interviewing 5 people who know me well, I was glad to hear they shared opinions on what I saw in myself. These included strong, independent, opinionated, smart, self-aware and a leader. However there was also traits that I was more surprised to hear. These included kindness, enthusiastic and emphatic, as although I consider myself a good person, I thought they would say more about my competitiveness and culture.
1.) Outsiders perspective - I grew up in London and didn't move to Florida till I was 16, which means I am able to compare different cultures and make an analysis.
2.) Travel Orientated - Having traveled to almost every continent, I've met some many people from so many different cultures, meaning I find it easy to connect with different people.
3.) Competitive Edge - Ever since I was young I've been very competitive. I attended a private school in England on a sport scholarship, meaning I played 8 different sports at varsity level. Even in my career, I will push myself to achieve the maximum.
4.) Adaptable - I feel this is partly because of my cultural experiences. But I can adapt to different people and situations easily.
5.) Social - I love meeting different people and I think this will help me a lot in any business environment.
What other people think of me
After interviewing friends and family that know me best, I found they shared my opinion of how I view myself but also added a lot of traits I hadn't thought of. Some of the adjectives they used to describe my personality included strong, independent, opinionated, smart, self-aware and a leader. I was always conscious that I had these traits. Other's included kindness, personable, enthusiastic and emphatic.
Reflection on differences
After interviewing 5 people who know me well, I was glad to hear they shared opinions on what I saw in myself. These included strong, independent, opinionated, smart, self-aware and a leader. However there was also traits that I was more surprised to hear. These included kindness, enthusiastic and emphatic, as although I consider myself a good person, I thought they would say more about my competitiveness and culture.
Hey Justin,
ReplyDeleteI think you did an excellent job on your posting. Although I do not know you personally, I feel like the characteristics that you defined would make for a unique individual who has the skills to be a more-than-competent entrepreneur. Especially since you are pitching a international exchange program, I think your personal experiences align with someone who is capable of being successful in that particular industry. Great job!