Idea Napkin

1.) I am a second year, information systems (business) major from London, England. I moved to Florida when I was 17 for my senior year of high school. I went to a prestigious private school in England on a sport scholarship and played 8 sports. I also represented USA rugby last summer in Vegas. Luckily, I've been fortunate enough to travel all over the world, meaning I've made a global network of friends in several countries across Europe and America. My experiences have been so valuable to my growth as a person, and I want to start a business that offers real cultural experience for clients (young people) where I arrange a customized trip to a country of their choice.

2.) My service will offer a customized travel experience for clients. They will tell me what they want from the experience: live in a city or rural area, to visit learning sites (museums, historical buildings ect.) or to have more fun ect. Based on this information, I will create a trip for them that suits their needs. At the start of my business, I will use all the friends I have to host the customer, and if it goes well, the host will visit the customer in their country.

3.) The customers that my service would appeal to is those who are trying to have a real cultural learning experience (different from a tourist visit) and who have a lot of money to fund the trip. I would most likely target a younger demographic, mainly because my friends in those countries are in the 18-23 range.

4.) The customers would value this service because young people mainly value experiences over materialistic things. And my service offers an experience like no other, the opportunity to have a customized trip, based on their needs and wants.

5.) My service is completely unique because it allows the customer to live with the locals in the country they choose. This means they will be meeting all of their friends and live the lifestyle they usually live. This will give them an opportunity to understand the culture in greater depth and thus enable them to learn more from the experience.

I believe these elements fit together well. I think my personality and experiences suit the business I am trying to start up. Furthermore, my global network of friends would facilitate getting the company started and would enable me to create value through a customized real cultural learning experience.

Comments

  1. Hey Justin!
    Great post! From this I can understand a lot more about your elevator pitch. Your personality and experiences definitely will help you with connecting with customers. Many people will utilize this service. Personally, I really want to travel after college and experience other countries. Therefore, I would definitely look into your company. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment