Solving the Problem
My selected opportunity was to exploit people's (more specifically young people's) need for cultural learning and experience. A lot of the people I encounter are envious of my cultural experiences (since I've lived in 3 countries and travelled across the world) and I want to help them achieve their cultural learning goals. I also noticed a lot of these people don't have a means to immerse themselves in another culture without going with friends or as a tourist. Which is not the same as going alone and interacting with the locals.
My service will be a mutually beneficial exchange program that provides real cultural experiences for each party. I believe this service is possible because I have a network of friends across the UK and Europe: who live in London, Essex, Middlesex, Leeds, Bristol, Exceter, Manchester, Leicster, Dublin, Cardiff, Berlin and plenty more places that would welcome Americans to stay with them. I also have friends all across the US: New York, California, Tennessee, South Carolina, all over Florida and more places that would welcome brits to come and stay with them. What I would sell to customers would be a customer specific, cultural travel experience. They would tell me what they are looking for: a big city or suburban trip, an educational learning experience or more fun, to live with a big group of people or just one person. I would then take that request and plan a trip for them: it would include travel, accommodation and events for them to experience. Hopefully, the host wants to do a trip back to the customers location. What makes this service unique is that they will be living with locals of the same age and truly experiencing their lifestyle. This is completely different from a tourist vacation, as the purpose of the trip is cultural learning that will hopefully result in a better experience and ultimately more fun. It would start with using my global network as hosts as they would be willing to help me out and take in one of my friends. But eventually I would use software and database management to customize travelling experiences for people all over the world!
My service will be a mutually beneficial exchange program that provides real cultural experiences for each party. I believe this service is possible because I have a network of friends across the UK and Europe: who live in London, Essex, Middlesex, Leeds, Bristol, Exceter, Manchester, Leicster, Dublin, Cardiff, Berlin and plenty more places that would welcome Americans to stay with them. I also have friends all across the US: New York, California, Tennessee, South Carolina, all over Florida and more places that would welcome brits to come and stay with them. What I would sell to customers would be a customer specific, cultural travel experience. They would tell me what they are looking for: a big city or suburban trip, an educational learning experience or more fun, to live with a big group of people or just one person. I would then take that request and plan a trip for them: it would include travel, accommodation and events for them to experience. Hopefully, the host wants to do a trip back to the customers location. What makes this service unique is that they will be living with locals of the same age and truly experiencing their lifestyle. This is completely different from a tourist vacation, as the purpose of the trip is cultural learning that will hopefully result in a better experience and ultimately more fun. It would start with using my global network as hosts as they would be willing to help me out and take in one of my friends. But eventually I would use software and database management to customize travelling experiences for people all over the world!
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteI personally think that your service idea is fantastic! Using your cultural and travel experiences, as well as your current/future network to benefit others is awesome. In today's society, there seems to be such a market for individuals looking to travel the world as technology/globalization is making that easier, so you would most likely have a very successful service if you were to pursue it. I also really like how your idea allows the travel experience to be one in which the traveler is surrounded by locals, rather than other tourists. Best of luck with this idea!
Hey Justin,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a fantastic job identifying a realistic solution to the opportunity that you identified. I think your idea about increasing cultural awareness and learning through exchange programs was a great one in this increasingly global world. The fact that you already have a network of individuals that would support this idea is crucial to making this idea work. Sounds like a great idea! Good job.