Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13474521/1/why-baby-boomers-are-not-retiring.html
a.) "Why Baby Boomers aren't retiring" - Economic trend
b.) I think this is an opportunity because the older generation is still going to have purchasing power, and there will be a huge market for an entrepreneur to exploit. We all know the population demographic is getting older, and considering they are still going to be earning an income, a market exists to make them feel excitement and youth. Whether it be through a good or a service, an opportunity exists.
c.) The typical customer is going to be a baby boomer who has a lot of spending power due to him/her being experienced in their field. They will likely want to continue to spend and contribute to society.
d.) I think the opportunity is easy to exploit with the right product/service available.
I saw this opportunity because in marketing research last semester I saw the aging baby boomers as a huge market to exploit.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bric.asp
A.) BRIC countries on the rise
B.) I think this is an opportunity because BRIC countries: Brazil, Russia, Indian and China are growing in economic power. Thus this is a great opportunity for investors to come in and make huge returns on their investments.
C.) The typical customer would be an individual with good economic and financial investment skills who has over $5000 to invest.
D.) This opportunity is quite hard to exploit because it requires you have good knowledge of how to pick good stocks.
I saw this opportunity as I'm a business major who is interested in finance and investment.
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=b46bc589-372d-4c08-a06f-4a2040af5e43
A.) "EPA administrator signs amendment to the Risk Management program"
B.) This is an opportunity for the EPA to tighten those getting injured during work. Accidents are far too common in the modern workplace, especially given our tech savy world we live in. If the correct measures are taken, can be easily preventable.
C.) The typical customer could be chemical companies which had a lot of injuries this past year. The EPA is going to tighten down on them a lot.
D.) This opportunity is quite easy for the EPA to exploit as they have the data for where these injuries occur.
I saw this opportunity as risk management is something I'm interested in.
http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7671-regulatory-issues-changes.html
A.) "Paid sick leave and minimum wage policies at state and local levels"
B.) This is an opportunity for businesses competing at the low income levels. With the minimum wage rising, this means that the lower class will have more discretionary income. However, it will also mean companies like Walmart and Subway will have a higher cost in running their business.
C.) The typical customer are the low income population who will have a little more money to use for consumer spending.
D.) This opportunity is hard to exploit, as low pricing strategy companies already have a competitive advantage in the industry. Meaning it will be hard to try and exploit this market and get a lower price, which is what these consumers really care about.
I saw this opportunity because I personally think raising the minimum wage is a bad idea. It is an example of a price floor, which makes supply and demand more inefficient.
a.) "Why Baby Boomers aren't retiring" - Economic trend
b.) I think this is an opportunity because the older generation is still going to have purchasing power, and there will be a huge market for an entrepreneur to exploit. We all know the population demographic is getting older, and considering they are still going to be earning an income, a market exists to make them feel excitement and youth. Whether it be through a good or a service, an opportunity exists.
c.) The typical customer is going to be a baby boomer who has a lot of spending power due to him/her being experienced in their field. They will likely want to continue to spend and contribute to society.
d.) I think the opportunity is easy to exploit with the right product/service available.
I saw this opportunity because in marketing research last semester I saw the aging baby boomers as a huge market to exploit.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bric.asp
A.) BRIC countries on the rise
B.) I think this is an opportunity because BRIC countries: Brazil, Russia, Indian and China are growing in economic power. Thus this is a great opportunity for investors to come in and make huge returns on their investments.
C.) The typical customer would be an individual with good economic and financial investment skills who has over $5000 to invest.
D.) This opportunity is quite hard to exploit because it requires you have good knowledge of how to pick good stocks.
I saw this opportunity as I'm a business major who is interested in finance and investment.
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=b46bc589-372d-4c08-a06f-4a2040af5e43
A.) "EPA administrator signs amendment to the Risk Management program"
B.) This is an opportunity for the EPA to tighten those getting injured during work. Accidents are far too common in the modern workplace, especially given our tech savy world we live in. If the correct measures are taken, can be easily preventable.
C.) The typical customer could be chemical companies which had a lot of injuries this past year. The EPA is going to tighten down on them a lot.
D.) This opportunity is quite easy for the EPA to exploit as they have the data for where these injuries occur.
I saw this opportunity as risk management is something I'm interested in.
http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7671-regulatory-issues-changes.html
A.) "Paid sick leave and minimum wage policies at state and local levels"
B.) This is an opportunity for businesses competing at the low income levels. With the minimum wage rising, this means that the lower class will have more discretionary income. However, it will also mean companies like Walmart and Subway will have a higher cost in running their business.
C.) The typical customer are the low income population who will have a little more money to use for consumer spending.
D.) This opportunity is hard to exploit, as low pricing strategy companies already have a competitive advantage in the industry. Meaning it will be hard to try and exploit this market and get a lower price, which is what these consumers really care about.
I saw this opportunity because I personally think raising the minimum wage is a bad idea. It is an example of a price floor, which makes supply and demand more inefficient.
Hello Justin!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about the economic and regulatory opportunities you have identified. I specifically agree that so much opportunity can be exploited with products and services directed at the Baby Boom Generation. As they enter the age of retirement, and chose to not retire in many cases, there is so much to be said about their youthfulness. It only makes sense to target them for products and services as there are so many of them. I also enjoyed the article about the amendment to the Risk Management Program! I interned at an insurance agency over the summer and learned a lot about risk management, and I think it is so important to have as much measures in place as possible to ensure safety. This will probably affect a lot of individuals at high-risk jobs!
Hello Justin,
ReplyDeleteI liked the last opportunity that you posted, which was geared towards low income business. I believe too that raising minimum wage is a bad idea, but we shouldn't just ignore the problem. Raising minimum wage would just create a bigger problem and like you said it would make the costs of running the business or really the cost of the products they sell go up, which doesn't solve anything.